A Healing Mushroom with Advanced Support for Cancer, Diabetes, Blood Pressure, Heart Health, Obesity and More...
Mushrooms have been eaten for thousands of years in many cultures. Out of an estimated 100,000 different species of mushrooms, only about 700 varieties are edible. Unlike the few common mushrooms with which most people are familiar, there is a class of mushrooms called "medicinal mushrooms" which are noted for their unusual healing properties. One species of these therapeutic mushrooms, called maitake, is becoming increasingly popular in America. Since ancient times, maitake mushrooms have been revered in China and Japan as a medicinal-grade whole food to help attain and maintain health and to increase longevity. Only in the last 20 years has increased scientific interest spawned numerous studies on maitake and its healing properties.
Maitake, as a whole food and as an extract, has been shown to boost heart health, lower the risk of cancer, reduce cancer metastasis, improve blood sugar levels, support healthy weight and fat levels, promote immune function and support the body's detoxification mechanisms. Most of maitake's health benefits seem to come from one main source. It contains grifolan, an important beta-glucan polysaccharide compound that assists the immune system by activating effector cells like macrophages, natural killer cells, and T cells. In addition to their role in general immunity, these types of antibodies also act against cancer. The polysaccharide is also thought to be the source of the mushroom's ability to control blood sugar, help manage diabetes and improve weight loss.
Lowering Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
- Extracts of maitake show anti-tumor action by directly activating various immune system components, including macrophages, complement, cytokines, natural killer (NK) cells, and tumor necrosis factor (Borchers et al.,1999; Nanba et al., 1997; Kurashige et al., 1997).
- Beta-glucan seems to override the normal resistance of tumor cells to the cytotoxic activation of phagocytes and NK cells. This allows the complement part of the immune system to function against tumor cells in the same way that it normally functions against bacteria and yeast (Kubo et al., 1999).
- Maitake extract has demonstrated an ability to alter fat metabolism in animal studies by inhibiting both the accumulation of liver lipids and the elevation of serum lipids (Kubo et al., 1996).
- The fruiting body of maitake was confirmed to contain substances that exhibit anti-diabetic activity, as illustrated by its ability to lower blood glucose levels(Kubo et al., 1994).
- Feeding studies show that maitake mushroom can lower blood pressure in hypersensative rats (Kabir and Kimura, 1989).
Many doctors in Japan have used maitake to help lower blood pressure and blood cholesterol, two key risk factors in cardiovascular disease. Numerous medical doctors in the US have also successfully used whole maitake extracts to help gradually reduce blood pressure in their patients. In addition to lowering blood pressure, no adverse effects were seen.
Research shows that people with non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) may also benefit from maitake. Researchers have found a specific, high molecular weight polysaccharide that naturally occurs in maitake called the X-fraction. The X-fraction appears to have anti-diabetic properties. In one study, mice that were given maitake had lower glucose levels while the control group had higher blood glucose levels. The researchers found the maitake can reduce insulin resistance, thereby increasing insulin sensitivity and reducing high blood sugar problems.
Maitake may be best known for its cancer-fighting-abilities. Grifolan is an important beta-glucan polysaccharide (a complex, naturally occurring molecule that boosts immune cells). Grifolan has been shown to activate the body's macrophages, a key type of protector immune cell that is the heavy artillery of the immune system. Maitake also contains the famous "D-fraction," another immune modulating polysaccharide that helps enhance the body's cellular immune system.
Research has shown that taking oral maitake increased activity of both natural killer cells and T-cells by over 50%. Maitake also increased the production of interleukin-1, which helps to activate T-cells, and helped increase superoxide anions, which help damage and stop tumor cells. Studies have also shown that maitake extract can block the growth of tumors and boost the immune system of mice with cancer.
What Makes Maitake Complex So Unique?
Hidden inside the maitake mushroom are two potent phytonutrient factors: alkaloids and triterpenes. The alkaloids are water-soluble and thus, can be readily absorbed. However, maitake's elusive triterpenes, some of the most powerful immune factors ever discovered, must undergo special processing (fermented mycelial extraction) to release their precious polysaccharides before they can be absorbed.
Quantum Maitake Complex contains both the water-soluble alkaloids as well as specially processed triterpenes to deliver the entire spectrum of maitake's immune factors with maximum bioavailability. Although concentrating only one fraction of the mushroom (such as grifolan, D-fraction, factor X, beta 1,6-glucans) can be helpful, PRL's process provides the broadest spectrum of phytonutrients found in both the alkaloids and triterpenes. Maitake Complex also contains contains essential co-factors, transporters and essential synergists that assist with delivery and absorption, for the most spectacular results.
Essential Co-Factors and Transporters
The following synergists assist in absorption and utilization of the maitake concentrate as well as promote ideal immune cellular resonance:
Get the best Maitake
- Grade 10 Wild, Mountain-grown Reishi - Another medicinal mushroom with strong phyto-stimulators to boost the liver's perfomance and increases RNA and DNA
- Grade 10 Eurpean Beta-Sitosterol - Significant blood, brain, liver and immune system regulating effects
- Grade 10 Indian Noni - World famous for whole-body rejuvenation by boosting protein/enzyme activation.
The best maitake is grown in open air in its natural habitat - in a forest on hearty logs. Commercial maitake is often poorly grown, having been raised on commercial, often toxic fibers- and typically yield a fraction of the outstanding properties of medicinal-grade maitake. The best maitake is the fermented mycelial extract, enabling you to receive the full spectrum of the mushroom's healing polysaccharides. Also beware of highly heated extracts which can literally ruin the healing properties of maitake as well as create toxic, heated byproducts.
One capsule contains:
Maitake Immu-Pro™ (48mg)
- Maitake (raw and specially fermented mycelial extract) (Grifola frondosa)
Synergy-M™ (364 mg)
- Noni (fruit, seed) (Morinda citrofilia), Marine Coral Concentrate, European Beta-Sitosterol, Resihi (fermented mycelial extract) (Ganoderma lucidum)
100% solvent-free, excipient-free vegetable capsules. No magnesium stearate (a toxic excipient), corn, milk, soy, salt, sugar, wheat, artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, binders, glues or other toxic tagalongs as found in tablets and gelatin capsules. Store in a cool, dry place.
Patent-pending dark violet-colored, #2 HDPE nontoxic plastic bottle engineered to block light between 450-720 nm, the range at which damage to nutrients occurs. Nitrogen flushed to protect freshness and prevent oxidation.
Adults and children (age 4 and up):
Take 1 to 3 capsules daily.
For special programs recommended by your practitioner: Up to 20 capsules can be taken daily.
Radiant Life is licensed to distribute nutritional supplements, foods and
wellness products manufactured by Premier Research Labs, Austin, Texas,
Disclaimer: The information provided here is meant to serve as an educational resource for determining your options and making your own informed choices. It is not intended as medical advice or to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any specific illness. The statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.