The Most Environmentally Friendly Shower Filter Available!
Tested and Certified by the Water Quality Association according to NSF/ANSI 177 for the Reduction of Free Chlorine.
The New Century, a non-cartridge shower filter removes toxic chlorine from your shower with the best in style & technology. The result is better skin conditions, more manageable hair and reduction of itches and rashes. It is the most environmentally correct filter because it uses less plastic and lasts longer. When used with the water saving Bernoulli Power Shower head it combines eco-consciousness with a healthy and invigorating shower experience. It has been tested and certified by the Water Quality Association and meets NSF/ANSI Standard #177 for performance (30,000 gallons). It removes 90+% of chlorine in your water, and should last a family of four about 18 months, depending on the condition of your water.
- Healthier, Younger Looking Skin
- Softer, More Manageable Hair
- Reduces Fading of Color-treated Hair
- Relief From Dry Skin and Scalp
- Improved Lathering and Sudsing
- Great for Those With Chlorine Sensitivity
- 9.5 cu inch sediment prefilter extends the life of the KDF filter
- 18 oz of KDF-55, Largest Shower Filter
- Converts Chlorine into a harmless soluble chloride through a KDF filament.
- Crystalline quartz for energy enhanced shower "feel" and better lathering.
- Installs in minutes – no special tools or professional help required.
- Highly effective even at high operating temperatures and flow rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do the shower head and bath ball filter remove chloramines from the water?
A. Though the shower head filter is highly effective in addressing chlorine and microorganisms, it does not address chloramines. Chloramines can be removed at the point of entry into the home with a whole house filter containing the right type of specialized carbon. Please consider a Whole House Water Filtration System that will remove chloramines, chlorine and a host of other contaminants from your home.
Q. What is the "harmless biodegradable compound" that your shower head and bath ball filter changes chlorine into?
A. Both the shower head filter and bath ball utilize KDF-55 media that consists of finely granulated copper and zinc alloys. The combination of these two alloys in the media allows a chemical reaction to take place when water passes through the media. In the KDF process, electrons are taken from harmful contaminants like chlorine and microorganisms. This loss of electrons changes contaminants into far less harmful, or even harmless, elements. For example, chlorine, when it loses an electron is changed into the harmless, naturally occurring water-soluble chemical chloride.